We are accepting submissions for new (or mostly new) full length plays for our 20th anniversary season!
For the 2017-18, Dreamwell would like to bring to stage full length shows they haven’t been produced at all or have had only a few productions. To that end, we are currently accepting email submissions of scripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the guidelines below. Any play not meeting the guidelines will not be considered. We pay $75/performance for royalties and typically do 4 performances.
Deadline is October 1, 2016. We hope to announce the season in January 2017.
- Include a cover sheet with: Name, email, phone, title of play.
- All plays must include a synopsis, a character list, and a running time. The synopsis is very important – this is where you have to catch our attention so we’ll read the entire play. Be creative!
- Be sure your play fits with Dreamwell’s mission: Dreamwell is a theatre that creates innovative, fresh and provocative experiences that challenge audiences and actors while giving all members of the community an opportunity to grow and develop artistically. We recommend you take a look at our last few years of productions to get a feel for the types of shows we do. For instance, our current season includes The Nether and Dead Man’s Cell Phone. These are good representations of the types of shows we do.
- Keep the set and production values simple. We produce shows in a small space with a minimal set. The less set required, the better.
- Play cannot be published, but can have had productions. In fact, we prefer shows that have been produced a couple of times so we know you’ve worked out the kinks.
- Manuscripts should be 12 font, with 1 inch margins.
- Email submissions to email@example.com.