Are you Ready for a Writer’s Skirmish?
Dreamwell Theatre has extended the deadline for their contest for Iowa playwrights to December 15. Unlike last year’s “Writers Joust,” which called for full length shows, this time Dreamwell is looking for one act plays. Shows should be connected to our season, “Here I Stand,” a program of plays about taking a stand for one’s identity, despite the consequences.
Last year’s “Writers Joust” winning play, Tom Deiker’s Innocence, was produced to much acclaim.
Winner receives a $100 cash prize and a full production of his or her play July 13 – 21, 2012. Runners up will also receive full productions of their plays at that time.
Deadline December 15, 2011
- Writers must currently live in Iowa or have a strong connection to the state.
- Keep the set and production value simple.
- Play run times should be a minimum of 30 minutes and maximum of 60 minutes.
- Play cannot have been performed (except for readings) or published.
- Manuscripts should be 12 font, double spaced, 1 inch margins.
- Include a cover sheet with: Name, email, phone, title of play, brief statement of how your play fits the season theme, and a character breakdown.
- Do not include your name on the script itself – only on the cover sheet. We judge scripts anonymously.
- Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Dreamwell Theatre, Writers Skirmish, PO Box 2903, Iowa City IA 52244.
- Mailed manuscripts will not be returned and must be postmarked December 15, 2011.
Power up your laptop and keep writing!
Please direct all press and questions to email@example.com.